Every year, Rising for Justice welcomes talented and motivated interns to work alongside our skilled lawyers in tackling issues of social justice and equality while gaining valuable insight into the day-to-day operations of a legal services non-profit organization.
Current Undergraduate Positions
Communications & Development Intern
Rising for Justice welcomes talented and motivated interns to work alongside our skilled professionals in tackling issues of social justice and equality while gaining valuable insight into the day-to-day operations of a legal services non-profit organization.
Start/end dates: Flexible, minimum of 10 weeks between September – December 2023
Hours: 15-20 hours / 2-3 days per week.
Hybrid schedule (remote work with some in-office hours).
Duties and Responsibilities
The Fall Communications & Development Intern will help with our database management and assist as we plan and execute our annual fundraiser, the Celebration of Service (COS) on October 25. The duties and responsibilities of an intern include:
- Assisting with social media campaigns, including planning and designing content related to COS
- Acknowledging gifts and assisting with fulfilling donor benefits
- General event planning support
- Donor database entry and updates
- Alumni research
- Providing additional support as needed
All of these tasks will be under the supervision of our Development team. Interns will be well-supported and get hands-on experience related to fundraising, communications, and event planning.
Skills and Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate degree program in communications or related field such as marketing or journalism
- Excellent research skills
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Interest in and experience with the major social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Experience with content management systems, word processor applications, and image/video editing software a plus
- Interest in the nonprofit sector – and the work of Rising for Justice – a plus
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please submit a cover letter and your resume to Erin Lidz: development[@]risingforjustice[.]org.